Crave Sydney’s Night Noodle Market in Hyde Park is my favourite Sydney event. It rocks around for two weeks in October every year and for the past few years The Designer and I have been attendance every year. Sometimes for a few visits over the two weeks, sometimes in the rain, sometimes with wine and sometimes without. It is always better with wine.
But, there are some things you need to know about the Noodle Markets, before you can proceed any further.
- You must, must, get there early to secure a table. And then you must guard it, with your life if necessary
- You must eat gyoza dumplings – pretty sure it’s written into the rule book somewhere
- The queues are just awful. Deal with it
- If there is a really big queue, it is probably the best food. Deal with it
- Wine enhances the experience greatly!
So without further ado, I give you… The Night Noodle Markets 2012, via iPhone because I got too excited about dumplings and wine and forgot to take my camera.
They’re still on for the next couple of nights so if you’re in Sydney and haven’t been yet, get thee to Hyde Park for a culinary experience like no other! (Okay, that’s a lie. It’s a bit like a Hawker market in Asia.)
This is not a paid or sponsored post. The Designer got there early to guard our table, as must be done at the Noodle Markets, and we paid for each and every dumpling.